A small shower enclosure is a great addition to any luxurious bathroom remodel and can add both beauty and functionality. There is an increasing trend of installing a shower enclosure in the UK in all types of bathrooms. However, you must choose them in according to your bathroom layout, design, and size.
Choosing an enclosure for your standard size bathroom may be straight forward, but if you are limited on space, then you may need to carefully review your options. It is because a small mistake in choosing a size or style may ruin the aesthetics and functionality of the whole bathroom. In this article, we’ll share advice on what to look for in a shower enclosure and what you can do to make sure your new small shower enclosure is stylish, functional, and beautiful.
Your Shower Enclosure Options for Small Bathroom.
Having a small space does not mean you should sacrifice the aesthetics and functionality. There are plenty of shower options available that will give your bathroom a striking look. The best recommendation for a small bathroom space is a space-saving design. Many people will opt for a shower over a bath option. However, it may be your option if you have a limited budget and don’t want to get rid of a bathtub.
Experts recommend removing a bathtub from a small space as it will help make more space available that you can utilize in a better way. A small bathroom may also need an airier and more open feel. And that is possible with a walk-in shower enclosure. Alternatively, you may choose a space saving design like a quadrant shower enclosure. It is because it can fit into the bathroom corners and utilize relatively less space.
How Small a Shower Enclosure Be?
When it comes to small shower enclosures, there is an endless possibility. The most important thing while choosing them is the size. Generally, the smallest possible size for showers in the UK is 700mmx 700mm. However, you may find a cubicle 650mm in a few places. Which is too small to have a comfortable shower experience? While there is always a possibility of custom made showers designed exactly according to your requirements, experts usually don’t recommend them due to higher costs of installation. So, you should be ready for at least this space for a small enclosure.
Tips on Making Most Out of Your Small Shower Enclosure.
Here are a few tips that will help make the best use of your small shower cubicle.
- The first thing you should keep in mind is that you should not make your small space more congested with oversized bathroom fittings and fixtures. Therefore, it is important to choose a size that creates a balance between a comfortable shower experience and the availability of the space.
- Another requirement for a small space is that it should not be more congested. Therefore, you should take a few measures to have an airy and spacious feel in the bathroom. It may be possible with the use of walk-in shower enclosure that doesn’t have any shower doors. So, these will help make a more open feel.
- If you are planning a quadrant shower enclosure, make sure that your glass panels are transparent, as these will help reflect the light and see through the cubicle. As a result, you will be able to have a more open and airy bathroom feel.
- Besides a space saving cubicle, you should also choose a shower door that doesn’t take much space when opening and closing. Therefore, experts recommend a sliding door with a corner fitted quadrant enclosure.
- You must make sure that the wall paint inside the cubicle, and on other walls is a light or neutral colour. It will help reflect the light that will make your small bathroom have séance of spaciousness.
- It is not possible to invest in an enclosure after every few years. Therefore, you would like them to look new for a long time. That will need proper care and maintenance. One of the best ways to maintain your shower enclosure is to make sure that you clean it regularly. It will become a breeding ground for mold and mildew if you don’t clean it. You should also use a steam cleaner to clean it. This is a much more effective method than using a scrubber. You may also wipe down the enclosure with a wet cloth. This will help to protect the integrity of the enclosure.
There are many small shower enclosure options available in the market. You can choose any style to help you with a space as well. Experts recommend a walk-in enclosure or quadrant enclosure as the most space saving option. The most appropriate size for such spaces can be 700mm or 800mm in width. In addition to that, you will also need a space saving shower door that can be a sliding door. Our tips from the last section will help get the most out of enclosure choice.