A wire harness, also known as a wiring assembly or cable harness, is an integrated and systematic arrangement of cables in insulating material. Other common names for a wire harness include wiring assembly and cable harness. The transmission of signals or electrical power is the function of the assembly as a whole. Cables can be secured in place using straps, electrical tape, sleeves, cable lacing, cable ties, conduit, or any combination of these items, as well as others. The wire harness integrates the wiring in a single unit so that it can be installed “drop-in” style, which simplifies connecting to more significant components.
Electrical Wiring Harness Design provides a process-oriented solution for designing physical harnesses wire driven by logical specifications and integrated with harness manufacturing. This solution is delivered in the form of software.
The design of large-scale electrical systems calls for a process-specific solution to reduce the time spent on the design and guarantee its quality. The use of physical prototypes is not only prohibitively expensive but also reveals design flaws late in the development process and is resistant to modification.
This powerful solution reduces the time developing large-scale electrical systems while improving their quality. It accomplishes this by providing an integrated environment in which a realistic 3D wire harness packaging simulation can be run.
- Reduce the amount of time spent on design with a solution focused on the process
- Dedicated and powerful applications for electrical system (large-scale) implementations and knowledge-based design verification can help improve the overall quality of complex electrical wire harness assemblies.
- Collaboration without interruption for the preparation of anticipated manufacturing: directly in the DMU, capture the design intent and the detailed model of the wire harness.
- Validate the wire harness installation within the virtual product to anticipate any engineering changes: Ensure integration issues are discovered in the DMU, not the physical prototype.
- Within the DMU, a detailed definition of the wire harness by the functional or wiring specifications is as follows: The 3D wire harness takes logical specifications and manufacturing constraints into account.
- Routing of harness in the complex 3D mockup that is both easy to use and powerful, with relational design between the mechanical assembly and the harness
- Capture and repurpose corporate knowledge in an organised manner to guarantee validation at each stage of the process.
- Dedicated items include things like electrical devices (equipment, connectors, backshells, and contacts), protection (taping and corrugated tubes), support and mounting objects (rack and panel), and wires and cables.
Hence, the wiring harness is very important, especially in CATIA design engineering roles. It is important for the individuals looking forward to being a part of such a role, to have hands-on experience.
Read more interesting articles at experiencerole