iPhones are typically great to own; however, the most advanced iPhones are prone to errors. In addition, state-of-the-art iPhones also encounter damage, identical to old iPhones. One of the issues iPhone users often encounter with their iPhones is a black screen. Still, their iPhone works despite the fact their screen turns black. Commonly, iPhone users recognize this problem as “iPhone Black Screen of Death”. When this issue occurs, you must find out whether you need a Vancouver iPhone screen repair or not. Besides, this problem can occur either due to a critical system error or hardware issues. At times, a software issue can cause this problem.
Whether to Repair iPhone or Not with the Black Screen of Death
There are some tricks that are worth a try before you consider the option, iPhone repair to fix the issue, iPhone Black Screen of Death. Here are the things you may try at first:
Perform a Hard Reset:
Doing a hard reset may allow you to get your display working again. Proceed the following ways for different models of iPhones:
How to Do a Hard Reset on iPhone 8 and Advanced Models
- Press the “Volume Up” key.
- Then, immediately press the “Volume Down” key alongside the Power button. Make sure you hold both until you see the Apple logo appears on the screen.
How to Do a Hard Reset on iPhone 7 Series
- Press the “Volume Up” and “Volume Down” keys together.
- Keep pressing the keys until you see the Apple logo appears, which may take 10 seconds or a few more seconds.
How to Do a Hard Reset on iPhone 6 or Old iPhones
Press the “Power Up” and “Home” buttons together until you see the Apple logo appears
If the Apple logo appears on your iPhone screen with a hard reset, you have resolved the problem. If you don’t see the Apple logo, but your iPhone still works, proceed to the next options.
Drain Your iPhone Battery:
At times, you may think that your device is not working. If it happens, it means your iPhone battery is dead. In that case, you should let your iPhone battery drain. It is one of the options to have your device reset on its own. Sometimes, allowing the iPhone battery to drain and plugging the iPhone charger to charge your battery automatically resets the iPhone. It may seem a ludicrous solution to you. Nevertheless, it can work sometimes. Thus, you should give it a try to resolve the issue, Black Screen of Death.
You should opt for this option as a last resort when other methods fail. You should try this option as your last chance because it can wipe all your data on the iPhone:
- Install and launch the last version of iTunes on your computer. Then, connect your unresponsive iPhone to the computer with the appropriate cable. It is usually the cable that comes with the phone.
- If iTunes recognizes your iPhone, you will notice a pop up saying, “The software on the iPhone needs to restore the device to the updated factory settings.” Click on the button which says, “Restore”. It will restore your iPhone to the default factory settings and likely turn your iPhone back.
- If iTunes doesn’t recognize your iPhone, you should hold the power button and try to get the iPhone to restart. It may result in the pop mentioned earlier. Then, you should click on the button that says, “Restore”.
It may revive your iPhone to work as normal and help you avoid Vancouver iPhone screen repair. Also, remember, you can always back your iPhone up with the last backup from iCloud or iTunes.
If you notice the problem of a black screen in your iPhone after you drop it, hardware might have caused the issue. Possibly, the LCD cable has become dislodged from the iPhone’s logic board due to the fall. If it has happened, you will need to repair your iPhone. Additionally, water damage may also require you to repair your iPhone from an iPhone repair service like Cell Fixx. You may also choose to fix the issue via Apple repair than third-party if your iPhone is under AppleCare+ coverage. Nonetheless, it depends on your personal preference and needs whether to choose a third-party phone repair shop or Apple Store.
iPhones are prone to damage, and even the newest iPhone models confront issues. One of the issues you can confront with the iPhone is a black screen. However, your iPhone may still work even if you see the black screen on your phone. You should try the following options out first before you consider in Vancouver for iPhone screen repair:
- Perform a Hard Reset
- Drain Your iPhone Battery
- Use iTunes
If these solutions don’t fix the problem, hardware has caused the problem. In that case, you should visit an iPhone repair shop to fix the problem.